CAll 703-844-0184 for an immediate appointment to evaluate you for a Ketamine infusion:
Ketaminealexandria.com 703-844-0184 Call for an infusion to treat your depression. PTSD, Anxiety, CRPS, or other pain disorder today.
Ketamine center in Fairfax, Virginia << Ketamine infusions
NOVA Health Recovery << Ketamine clinic Fairfax, Va – Call 703-844-0184 for an appointment – Fairfax, Virginia
“Traditional antidepressants may take weeks to work on individuals. There have been associations with increased suicidality in some studies. The need for a more rapidly acting antidepressant is important. The study below investigated the antidepressant effect of Ketamine by looking through an FDA database and observing associations of pain and depression reduction with the use of Ketamine. They were clearly present. Of note, minocycline and Diclofenac also seemed to be associated with improved depression parameters.
Ketamine provides both pain relief and anti-depression effects in refractory patients, who by definition, have failed multiple therapies. ” :
Ketamine for Pain Management, Treatment of Depression << Article Link
- Cohen IV, Makunts T, Atayee R, Abagyan R. Population scale data reveals the antidepressant effects of ketamine and other therapeutics approved for non-psychiatric indications. Sci Rep 2017;7:1450.
- Sansone RA, Sansone LA. Antidepressant adherence: are patients taking their medications?. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2012;9(5-6):41-46.
- Frazer A, Benmansour S. Mol Psychiatry. Delayed pharmacological effects of antidepressants. Mol Psychiatry 2002;7:S23-8.
- Price RB, Iosifescu DV, Murrough JW, et al. Effects of ketamine on explicit and implicit suicidal cognition: a randomized controlled trial in treatment-resistant depression. Depress Anxiety 2014;31:335-343.
- DiazGranados N, Ibrahim LA, Brutsche NE, et al. Rapid resolution of suicidal ideation after a single infusion of an N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonist in patients with treatment-resistant major depressive disorder. J Clin Psychiatry 2010;71:1605-1611.
- Alberich S, Martínez-Cengotitabengoa M, López P,et al. Efficacy and safety of ketamine in bipolar depression: A systematic review. Rev Psiquiatr Salud Ment 2017;10:104-112.
- Larkin, G. L. & Beautrais, A. L. A preliminary naturalistic study of low-dose ketamine for depression and suicide ideation in the emergency department. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 2011;8:1127-31.
- Singh I, Morgan C, Curran V, et al. Ketamine treatment for depression: opportunities for clinical innovation and ethical foresight. Lancet Psychiatry 2017;4:419-42